New South Wales punters seem torn on whether the Blues’ can finally break their State of Origin drought with Laurie Daley’s side having now attracted the most bets to win game two with online bookmaker sportsbet.com.au, but more than double the money has been placed on Queensland to triumph.
A series of small wagers in the last 24 hours indicates Blues’ fans are unconvinced their side can win at Suncorp, while Queensland fans are confidently wagering big bets on the Maroons’ to level the series.
With the weight of money on Queensland, who remain at $1.52 to win game two, the Blues’ have drifted out to $2.60 – their biggest price since game one – in head to head betting.
sportsbet.com.au's spokesman Ben Hawes said. “We’ve currently taken more individual bets on the Blues’, but there’s been double the amount of money wagered on Queensland ... All of our Queensland punters have stepped into the Maroons’ at short odds.”
Other Origin game two trends include:
• New South Wales leading at halftime and Queensland winning the game, priced at $8.00, is the best backed halftime/fulltime double result
• Good money for a 40/20 to be kicked at the juicy odds of $4.50. No 40/20 is paying a $1.20
• Greg Inglis ($10) and Darius Boyd ($12) have attracted double the money than every other player to score the first try
• The Blues are heavily backed at $1.80 to make more tackles in the game than Queensland ($1.95)
• One punter has wagered $1 on Queensland at $151 to win game two by 51 or more points
Inglis, origin’s greatest ever try scorer, heads the betting at $10 to score the first try and should he score a try at any time in game one, sportsbet.com.au will refund all losing first bets on the game.
Latest Markets courtesy of sportsbet.com.au
2013 State of Origin Game 2 head-to-head
$1.52 Queensland (steady)
$2.60 New South Wales (out from $2.55)
$1.90 Queensland -4.5
$1.90 New South Wales +4.5
Game 2 Winning Margin
$2.50 Queensland 1-12 (steady)
$3.25 New South Wales 1-12 (steady)
$3.75 Queensland 13+ (steady)
$10 New South Wales 13+ (steady)
$21 Draw (steady)
2013 State of Origin series winner
$1.45 New South Wales (steady)
$2.75 Queensland (steady)
2013 State of Origin series correct score
$2.10 New South Wales 2-1 (steady)
$2.75 Queensland 2-1 (steady)
$3.75 New South Wales 3-0 (steady)
We recommend sportsbet.com.au for Australian Sports Punters + safe + secure + and good value odds.