Search This Blog

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Ronaldo wants to move to Real Madrid

Ronaldo dreams of leaving Manchester United for Real MadridCristiano Ronaldo says he hopes to "complete his dream" of moving to Real Madrid, despite Manchester United insisting he is "not for sale".

The Portuguese winger has stated his intention to "take advantage of a great opportunity". "Everybody knows what I want but things don't only depend on me. I am not the person who decides but I hope to complete my dream."

Ronaldo stated that he made up his mind before the Champions League final that he wanted to leave United for Real. And he revealed that Luiz Felipe Scolari, about to take over at Chelsea after Portugal's exit from Euro 2008, advised him to make the move.

"It is a dream, a step forward," Ronaldo replied when asked about the prospect of playing at the Bernabau. "For me, it is a great opportunity and, as Scolari says, that train passes by only once and we have to take advantage of it."

Ronaldo indicated he will make a public statement about his plans over the next few days. He said he had not spoken to Sir Alex Ferguson, who is on holiday in France, during his participation in Euro 2008.

And he insisted he is not worried about upsetting the United manager, who he is set to meet for talks about his future following Portugal's exit against Germany on Thursday.

"It is my opinion," added Ronaldo. "That is why I don't mind if people get upset. It is my decision. It is what I want."

No comments: